Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?”





 Using blogs




Blog is a website that allows people to write their ideas, thoughts, reflections and share with others. It is an useful website that I will use with my EFL students. It helps students to improve their skills in reading, writing and increase their vocabularies. For example giving students topics and asking them to write about or uploading articles to write their reflections about it. In addition, it helps shy students to participate and be active in the course. It encourages students to collaborate with each other through asking them to write their comments about colleagues' post.




                              


 Using delicious 







Delicious is a website that allows people to save, share and discover hyperlinks. If I were teacher, I will use this website with my EFL students through giving my students links or asking them to put links related to their lessons such as activities, extra reading or games , or putting links that contain eBooks to develop my students knowledge in learning English language.




Using wikis







Wiki is a piece of software that allows students to    collaborate in creates and edits Web page. This website is suitable for group projects. For example, I can give my EFL students topic and ask them to write about by each other and add pictures, links activities and resources to promote the connection with each other.




4 comments:

  1. Salam,

    Interesting tips for suggested activities.

    Where are you going to upload the articles? uploading articles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Safa'a for this nice post. I like the content of the post as well as the activities that you have mentioned.
    Nouf Al-Harbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Safa'a...^_^

    It's a great job. I liked your ideas and your activities that you have mentioned..
    I agree with you that wiki is suitable for group projects. It's allows the students to collaborate with each others...

    Have a nice day and good luck...^_*

    ReplyDelete